Spring 2024 Beginner 5K Training Program
Registration will open soon for this program.
About the program:
This Run Hub training program will help beginner runners and walkers prepare for the Butte to Butte 5k on July 4, 2024. The 12-week program is geared toward new runners, walkers, and people doing some combination of the two. Our mission is to help you set goals based on your current fitness and achieve those goals!
This year, Run Hub is partnering with the Eugene Family YMCA to host this program. All practices will begin at the YMCA. Both YMCA and non-YMCA members are welcome to join the program. Non-YMCA members will receive a day pass to use on each practice day (Saturdays) during the program (a $190 value). Day passes to the YMCA include access to the Wellness Center, the Aquatics Center and the indoor track.
- 12-week training program begins Saturday, April 13
- Group meets every Saturday April 13-June 29 at 8:30 AM and on race day
- All practices will begin at the Eugene Family YMCA, 600 E 24th Ave
- Goal race: Butte to Butte 5k on July 4
- Coaches: Dustin Pearce and Sarah Lorge Butler
- Cost is $50 for Eugene YMCA members and $75 for non-members (non-refundable)
- YMCA membership will be verified by the organization. If you’re not a member, you will need to create a free community membership at this link in order to enter the YMCA.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you’ll receive:
- A weekly group practice led by the coaches
- A 5K training outline provided by the coaches
- A weekly email from the coaches about the upcoming practice and with information to guide your training
- 15% discount on regularly-priced items at Run Hub during the duration of the program
- “Team Run Hub” tech fabric tee
- Encouragement, understanding and support from your coaches and teammates!
About the coaches:
Store owner Dustin Pearce has been coaching for more than 20 years. Most of those years were spent coaching high school cross country and track athletes while working as a high school science teacher. Dustin has been a coach for many training teams through Run Hub.
As an athlete, Dustin ran competitively in high school and then for Missouri State University where he earned All Conference honors. As a coach, there is nothing Dustin loves more than to see his athletes grow and accomplish goals that they might not have thought possible.
Sarah Lorge Butler
Sarah has been running and walking for more than 35 years. She’s the author of two books, Run Your Butt Off! and Walk Your Butt Off!, beginner programs for people looking to improve their fitness. She’s a big believer in the power of regular exercise and thinks that some movement, no matter the speed, is always better than doing nothing at all. She looks forward to working with the walkers and people who are trying to gradually incorporate a little bit of running into their routines.