Fall 2023 Beginner 5K Training Program
About the program:
This Run Hub training program will help beginner runners and walkers prepare for the Run to Stay Warm on November 19, 2023. The 10-week program is geared toward new runners, walkers, and people doing some combination of the two. Our mission is to help you set goals based on your current fitness and achieve those goals!
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for the Fall program.
We may have another beginner 5K program starting in February of 2024. Please check with us after the start of the new year.
- 10-week training program begins Saturday, September 16
- Group meets every Saturday September 16-November 18 at 9 AM and on race day
- Goal race: Run to Stay Warm on November 19
- Coaches: Connie Gardner and Sarah Lorge Butler
- Cost is $60 (non-refundable)
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
What you’ll receive:
- A weekly group practice led by the coaches (most practices will begin at Run Hub, but locations will vary)
- A 5K training outline provided by the coaches
- A weekly email from the coaches about the upcoming practice and with information to guide your training
- 15% discount on regularly-priced items at Run Hub
- “Team Run Hub” tech fabric tee
- Encouragement, understanding and support from your coaches and teammates!
About the coaches:
Connie Gardner came to running while studying music performance in college as a way to strengthen her lungs to play the clarinet better. She ran regularly through college but didn’t start participating in races until she moved to Eugene. Since then, she has completed more than a dozen half marathons, two full marathons, and recently completed her first 50K. A proud Back of the Pack runner, Connie’s primary focus in running is on building community, having a good time, and doing what feels good in the body. Connie has her Road Runners Club of America coaching certification.
Sarah Lorge Butler
Sarah has been running and walking for more than 35 years. She’s the author of two books, Run Your Butt Off! and Walk Your Butt Off!, beginner programs for people looking to improve their fitness. She’s a big believer in the power of regular exercise and thinks that some movement, no matter the speed, is always better than doing nothing at all. She looks forward to working with the walkers and people who are trying to gradually incorporate a little bit of running into their routines.