Beginner 5K Training Program 2023
Sign up here!
This Run Hub training program will help beginner runners prepare for the Butte to Butte 5K on July 4, 2023. The program is geared toward new runners. Our mission is to help you set goals based on your current fitness and achieve those goals!
Meet the coaches: April 8, 9-10 AM at Run Hub, 515 High Street in Eugene
Attend this informal Q&A with coaches Connie and Dustin to learn more about the program. You do not need to be registered to attend this event.
- 10-week training program begins Saturday, April 22
- Group meets every Saturday April 22-July 1 at 9 AM and on race day
- Goal race: Butte to Butte 5K on July 4
- Coaches: Dustin Pearce and Connie Gardner
- Cost is $60 (non-refundable)
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
What you’ll receive:
- A weekly group practice led by the coaches (most practices will begin at Run Hub, but locations will vary)
- A 5K training outline provided by the coaches
- A weekly email from the coaches about the upcoming practice and with information to guide your training
- Discount coupon for shoes and gear at Run Hub
- “Team Run Hub” tech fabric tee
- A pair of Feetures running socks
- Encouragement, understanding and support from your coaches and teammates!
About the coaches:
Connie Gardner came to running while studying music performance in college as a way to strengthen her lungs to play the clarinet better. She ran regularly through college but didn’t start participating in races until she moved to Eugene. Since then, she has completed more than a dozen half marathons, two full marathons, and recently completed her first 50K. A proud Back of the Pack runner, Connie’s primary focus in running is on building community, having a good time, and doing what feels good in the body. While she has been a vocal cheerleader in the running community, this will be her first time coaching, and she’s very excited to begin working with this training group. Connie recently attained her Road Runners Club of America coaching certification.
Store owner Dustin Pearce has been coaching for more than 20 years. Most of those years were spent coaching high school cross country and track athletes while working as a high school science teacher. He has also coached multiple Run Hub training teams and is a USATF Level 1 certified coach. As an athlete, Dustin ran competitively in high school and then for Missouri State University where he earned All Conference honors. As a coach, there is nothing Dustin loves more than to see his athletes grow and accomplish goals that they might not have thought possible.